Just read an article about shoppers being banned from their local supermarket if they wear night-attire and/or are barefoot. The reason being it might be offensive to others. One dear mother explained that getting 3 children off to school is so hard she hasn’t got time to get herself ready in the morning. To which somebody commented she should stop having so many children then!?
My thoughts on this are as follows:
- I’m in agreement with the supermarket on the night-attire, but would debate the barefoot aspect
- If you’re still in your night-attire you haven’t even washed, so you probably smell worst than you look and that is more offensive anyway
- Night-attire is often skimpy or made from thin fabric – I do not want to see your nipples, boobs, crown jewels etc wobbling in my face while I chose my fruit and veg!
- Get up five minutes earlier and get dressed… and washed
- The supermarket is open a good 12 hours a day, go at another time when you are dressed
What are your thoughts on this?